Weight gain is primarily caused by emotions or bad motivations. If you believe that you’re gaining too much weight because you’re eating too much food, you’re probably wrong! Are you surprised to hear that? There are several reasons why you’re gaining weight, and this is not ONLY due to the amount of food you’re eating. Here are some of the reasons why you’re gaining weight:
1. DIET This may sound paradoxical, but diet may lead to weight gain. The diets that you may have seen in magazines or even from your friends are not suited for long term dieting. The reason for this is these fad diets only give you certain amounts and types of food to sustain yourself. You’re cutting out whole food groups and as soon as you stop this diet, expect to gain pounds again.
2. WRONG FOOD Grocery shopping while losing weight is not easy! Ingredients found in the foods you’re going to purchase might say that the food contains less fat or is even fat- free (think chemical shit storm!) without knowing that some other ingredients are not suited for losing weight. This is the reason why you need to determine the right type of food to purchase and stop relying so much on those packaged foods. Whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, lean organic meats, nuts, seeds and legumes are the best way to nourish your body. Healthy fats such as avocado, nuts and seeds are essential for losing weight! They keep you satiated so you aren’t starving, and they help balance your blood sugar. It’s a misconception that fats make you fat! Sugar and processed foods make you fat!
3. INHERITANCE Family heredity does play a role in your body type and your ability to lose weight. This does not mean losing weight is impossible; it just means you need to tailor your lifestyle changes based on what works for your body.
4. UNSCHEDULED EATING Skipping meals is not an effective way to lose weight and may contribute to your weight gain. We are all prone to overeating when we skip meals because we’re extra hungry and it takes longer to get that satisfied feeling.
5. BAD MOTIVATION You can’t lose weight for someone else; you need to eat healthy foods and make lifestyle changes for yourself. Looking for someone else’s validation or approval of your weight loss won’t sustain your efforts if you don’t put yourself first.
6. EMOTIONS Even your emotions can have an impact on your overeating habit. What happens when we’re stressed, sad, or angry? Many people run to the cupboards or refrigerator. Do you get bored at night watching tv? Be aware that foods are not a defense against all the negative emotions you’re experiencing.
These are only some of the best reasons why you are gaining weight. The best motivation to losing weight is to think that by doing this you can have a better and happier life. If weight gain is your struggle, reach out and let's chat!! Book your FREE consultation here https://calendly.com/helenpaquette/15min OR, if you are ready to get started, book your consultation here and let's get to work!! https://calendly.com/helenpaquette/lets_chat