The common cold is a viral infection that many people suffer from in the winter months. Its symptoms include a persistent cough, a runny nose, headaches and tiredness. While there are no known cures for the common cold, this cayenne, lemon juice, manuka honey and fenugreek seeds remedy can help soothe many of its symptoms in the following ways:
1. Cayenne: Cayenne is a powerful decongestant and pain reliever which can help ease the congestion, headaches and sore throat that often come with the common cold.
2. Fenugreek Seeds: Studies have shown that fenugreek seeds can relieve almost all the symptoms associated with the common cold.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains high levels of vitamin C – a nutrient that strengthens your immune system and helps it fight the common cold.
4. Manuka Honey: Manuka honey’s antiviral properties help your body recover from the common cold at a faster rate.
Preparing Your Remedy
1. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of manuka honey, 1 teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder to a cup of boiling water, let it steep for 5 minutes and drink it.
2. Drink this remedy up to 4 times per day until the symptoms of the common cold subside.