This is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE creamy soups especially in the fall season!! I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as I do!!
1 Green Apple (peeled and roughly chopped)
1 While Onion (peeled and roughly cut)
8 cups Buttenut Squash (peeled, diced and seeded)
1 Garlic (4 Cloves)
2 cups Vegetable Broth
I piece Fresh Sage
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1 cup Organic Coconut MIik (I use Thai kitchen)
1. Stove Top- Add all ingredients (except coconutmilk) to pot and cook until vegetables are cooked. Turn off heat and take off the burner.
2. Add all Ingredients to slow cooker except coconut milk. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours
3. Remove and discard the sage and then add the coconut milk
4. Using an Immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Or you can use a blender by dividing the soup into a couple of batches. Be very careful not to over fill the blender with the hot mixture to avoid burning yourself.
5. Season to taste and Enjoy!